JOB SUMMARY:Repairs, assembles and tests products by performing the following duties:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Follows procedures, reads drawings and/or sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in Jig, fixture, or other holding device.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• Mounts components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on circuit boards or chassis panel.
• Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Installs repaired assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
• Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies
• Solders many different types and sizes of components to meet IPC-A-610 class 2 criteria.
• Perform go-no-go inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet customer specifications and standards.
• Inputs data, and completed tasks into data collection systems.
• PerformS Pre-Screen Power-up, Burn-In, Hypot, FRU, and Auto Test functions.
• Prints labels for units and boxes.
• Bags units and puts on required labels.
• Assists team members in improving our processes and procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND STANDARDS:
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and differences in numbering sequences
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with satndardized situations with only occasional or no variables
• Ability to learn various software programs
Education / Experience:
• High School Diploma or general eduacation degree (GED).
• 1+ Years of experience
• Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable
Many tasks include their own work and/or the review of work of others in the department