JOB SUMMARY: Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Learn, develop, and practice good troubleshooting, and testing skills of various types of power supplies.
• Be able to troubleshoot to a System, board or component level.
• Ability to read procedures, schematics, follows drawing and/or sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Display competency soldering many different sizes and types of components.
• Ability to use reference material to aid in the repair of product (schematics, data books, drawings).
• Ability to assist team members, department, company in improving our process’ and procedures.
• Print labels for units and boxes.
• Perform Pre-Screen Power-up, Burn-in, Hypot, FRU, and Auto Test functions.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• Ability to operate Paul/Maul/RATE test systems for test functions and troubleshooting techniques.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND STANDARDS:
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
• Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as schematics, drawings, procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Knowledge of computer software as MS-Word and Excel is required and willingness to learn various software programs
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 3+ Years of experience
• Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable.
Many tasks include their own work and/or the review of work of others in the department